Anonymous said: So I recently watched Community for the first time and I really like it, however after it being cancelled for getting low ratings and everything I was kind of confused.. I'm new to the fandom, so why do you think it was doing so badly?
The Big Bang Theory : This is a show on CBS which has the air time is at the same day and at the same time with Community.
TBBT has so many watchers in America the ratings are here if you want.
There was plenty of watchers in the pilot but you now ,it wasn’t the best episode Community has so it hardly hold up. hERE another link where Harmon manages ratings of the show
No One watches Nbc really i even heard Family Guy making a joke about it once
The point for the show is really low Here the link for imdb. To be honest it should be more and i know that because i also know what imdb gave Community just for modern warfare here
On season four they fired Dan Harmon. That’s why the ratings were so bad that year.
There is people who don’t understand community. They think it’s not funny because they feel stupid when they’re watching. WELL BREAKING NEWS YOU ARE STUPID
NBC doesn’t support the show i’m don’t exactly know but i know they might exclude something with big budget.
- World is not a fair place.
mysixseasonsandamovie said: Community.
- The first character I fell in love with: Abed Nadir
- The character who is my ‘baby’: Britta Perry
- The character who I do not understand: it’s Pierce sometimes
- The character that I think the show ruined: Britta
- The most attractive male and female character: JEFFREY
- The character death that was the worst for me: Pierce ;(
- The character that is the most like me: I am Annie for sure
- The character I think the writer(s) love: Troy
- The character that I just want to be happy: Chang because even now he’s in the group and they’re still trying to exclude/avoid him (yeah yeah, i know he is the bad guy again but i can’t blame him for making a logical decision)
- My four favorite characters, past or present: Shirley Bennett , Abed Nadir, Britta Perry and Dean Craig Pelton
- My four least favorite characters, past or present: Andre (i’ll hate him forever), Dean Spreck oh and, Carl and Richie
"There’s a saying which made its rounds in geekdom recently – “Real nerds watch Community”. Now I take issue with the idea of “real nerds” but the sentiment still stands. Whereas The Big Bang Theory sees nerd culture as an object of ridicule, Community celebrates it. Community’s laughing with you whereas Big Bang is giving you a wedgie and laughing at you. When TBBT makes a pop culture reference it uses it as a punchline, it names a show like Firefly and asks you to laugh at it. When Community makes a pop culture reference it commits. Community makes a whole episode based on a trope or a genre, it doesn’t just use paintball as a plot device it takes paintball seriously and bases two season finales around epic battles of paint. Community doesn’t laugh at the idea of playing D&D it bases an episode on it. Parallels can be drawn between the characters of Sheldon in Big Bang and Abed in Community. Abed too has trouble reading sarcasm and emotion, he has obsessions with routine and structure as well and disruptions in routine cause him considerable distress. Abed sees everything in terms of television and film tropes. This is how he understands the world around him and how he figures out how best to react. Unlike Sheldon, it is often confirmed that Abed does have mental difficulties, most likely Asperger’s Syndrome. But, crucially, the main difference between Sheldon and Abed is that Abed is treated as a hero. In the pilot episode Jeff Winger, arguably the most conventionally “cool” member of the group says this: “Abed is a shaman. You ask for bread and Abed gives you soup because soup is better. Abed is better”. In one episode Abed is literally treated as a god. Yes, his neuroses do at times inconvenience the rest of the group but his belief that they see him as a nuisance is dismissed as his own insecurity rather than the truth. Community positions us, its audience, as Abed. It knows that we are knowledgeable about the things we love, it knows that we understand tropes and genre conventions, it gives us the benefit of the doubt and treats us as intelligent human beings who will not only understand the meta pop culture references, but will find them funny and love the show for it. Community tells us it’s cool to be a nerd. If Abed is better then we are better. Community is a warm hug of acceptance whereas The Big Bang Theory is a pantsing and a punch in the face."
— Shouting Into The Void: The Problem With The Big Bang Theory… (via azspot)
- The first character I fell in love with:
- The character who is my ‘baby’:
- The character who I do not understand:
- The character that I think the show ruined:
- The most attractive male and female character:
- The character death that was the worst for me:
- The character that is the most like me:
- The character I think the writer(s) love:
- The character that I just want to be happy:
- My four favorite characters, past or present:
- My four least favorite characters, past or present:
(Source: monteithsmichele, via captainjeffwinger)